How to Create Function Modules
In this blog, I will discuss what is Function Module and how we can create a Function Module.
Function modules are sub-programs that contain a set of reusable statements with importing and exporting parameters.
Function Group in SAP ABAP.
Function group is a container of Function modules, every Function Module is saved in a Function group.
T-Code for creating Function modules and Function Group is SE37 OR SE80.
Components of Function Module:
▪ Import Parameters: These are input parameters of a Function Module. Cannot be modified inside the Function Module.
▪ Export Parameters: These are output parameters of a Function Module They are used for transferring data to the calling program.
▪ Changing Parameters: It acts as import and export parameters. Changing parameters are passed by reference, value, and result.
▪ Tables: These are internal tables that also act as importing and exporting parameters.
▪ Exceptions: Used to inform the calling program about unexpected errors.
Creating a Function Module
- Go to Tcode SE37.
- Then click on More -> GoTo -> Function Group -> Create group
- Then one pop-up will open there you have to give the name and description of the function module.
Note Function Group and Function Module Name always starts with Z or Y.
- Click on Save and give your package name and save it on your TR or in Local object.
- Now we have to create a Function Module give the Name and Click on Create.
- Here we have to give the Function Module and Function Group which we have created from the above step. Click on save.
- Now our Function Module is created and according to our need, we will write code and modify it.
In the article, I give an off view of what is Function Module and how we can create a Function Module. in SAP ABAP.
Thanks for reading.
If you Want to Connect with Me:
Thank you, stay safe, stay healthy.
Stay tuned till the next blog.