ABAP Series Part- 5
In this blog, I will discuss What is Module Pool in SAP ABAP is and How to create a screen and transaction code.
In SAP for performing any kind of task in R/3 system, a transaction code is used. SAP provides a standard set of transaction code to be used, But sometimes, we need to create a client specific transaction. Because in standard SAP may not support that task, or we need to create some screen as per their requirements.
What is Module Pool?
It is a special type of programming where we write code for which it is used to create custom SAP screens. In short in SAP ABAP we can create a specific screen and transaction code as per our requirement.
For execution of Module pool program there is a specific transaction code.
Transaction code for creating module pool programs is SE80.
Prerequisite for developing Module Pool are :
- Screen Painter [SE51].
- Transaction Code [SE93].
- ABAP Editor [SE38].
- ABAP Dictionary [SE11].
- Menu Painter [SE41].
For more read data dictionary you can check my previous blog or click here.
It is a layout which is displayed in the output.
Following are the components of the screen.
- Screen Attributes
Properties of Screen like screen type, next screen, short description.
- Screen Layout
There are 2 ways to create screen layout
1. With help of Data Dictionary
2. With help of available buttons on Toolbar.
- Field Attribute
It is used to maintain filed characteristics.
- Flow Logic
It will contain the logic related to screen in the form of modules.
- In flow logic we can’t write ABAP statements, directly therefore we write in the form of modules. That's why it is called Module Pool Programming
- In Modules 4 Events are there.
PBO(Process Before Output).
- Which is processed before the output or screen is displayed.
PAI(Process After Input).
- Which is processed after a user action on the screen.
PVO(Process On Value Request.
- Which is processed when F1 is pressed.
POH(Process On Help Request).
- Which is processed when F4 is pressed.
How to Create a Screen Design?
- Go to Transaction Code SE80. Select program from the dropdown and Give name start’s with “Z”
- Now press enter click on YES , screen will be pop-up select “With Top INCL” and then click on yes button.
- Give the name of TOP Include Starting with “Z” and then click on right check box.
- In the Attributes of screen give Title and check module pool types is mentioned already.
- Now creating a screen by right clicking on the program which we created and select an option Create-> Screen.
- Enter a screen number like 800 and then click on right check box.
- In this screen give short title and then save this application.
- Now click on the layout button in the application toolbar.
- Add a text field and enter text “Welcome to Mayank Chourasia Blog’s”. after that save it and activate it.
- At last we need to create a Transaction Code for our program which we created. By right clicking on the program which we created and select an option Create-> Transaction.
- Give Transaction Name Starting with “Z” and then give short text then click on right check box.
- One Screen will pop-up where we need to give program name, screen number and Transaction Text also tick all checkbox in SAPGUI.
- Check all things is saved and activated also.
- Now we can check our program screen by the transaction code which we created just previously.
NOTE: All screenshots are provided of my system.
In the article, I give an of the detailed viewed of Module Pool Programming concept in SAP ABAP.
Thanks for reading.
If you Want to Connect with Me:
Thank you, stay safe, stay healthy.
Stay tuned till the next blog.